Work With Us
SALES AND OPERATIONS MANAGER ROLE
FULL TIME POSITION, FASHION STORE AND DESIGN STUDIO, HABERFIELD NSW
Sales and management experience in a similar role is highly preferred however any level of experience is welcome to apply.
We are looking for someone with exceptional sales and management skills and who is highly motivated to join our niche fashion design house.
The perfect candidate will share the companies core beliefs and be passionate about communicating “The Why” behind our actions. Brigid McLaughlin is all about beauty; we believe nothing is more beautiful than the natural world, kindness in people, respect for craftsmanship, respect for the natural world and all its inhabitants. Protecting nature and its many varied inhabitants informs all we do.
Brigid McLaughlin produces Slow Clothing; which we believe to be the new luxury.
Artisanal, Sustainable, Ethical, Nature Positive, Inclusive.
As a company we pride ourselves in doing things differently; we celebrate diversity and embrace inclusivity.
The company is planning a significant growth phase in the upcoming years with the promotion of its Haberfield Store and Studio, New E-commerce Site and Export plans.
The role involves working directly with Brigid McLaughlin to the grow the niche business in the upcoming years.
The perfect candidate will have excellent communication skills, strong sales skills and must have exceptional organisational and team building skills. The role will involve managing our Retail and E-Commerce Store and all Digital Communications, so they consistently reflect a consistent instore experience to our clientele. The role involves managing all retail (instore and online sales) and wholesale orders and despatch. We are looking for a highly motivated team player who is willing to manage/assist in the various areas of the small company according to its needs. Experience or a strong interest in digital marketing is ideal as this is an essential tool used to meet sales targets however training in this area can be provided if necessary.
Make sure the Companies Procedures Manual is reviewed and updated annually so that it is always current.
Managing, implementing and documenting the company’s systems is a core project within this role, as is training others to use the Manuals.
Assist in the retail stock buy and the monitoring of retail sales targets to ensure these are meet on a daily, monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
• Retail Sales – to be the face of retail sales within our open plan store/studio in Haberfield NSW and to our online audience.
We are looking for someone who will create a warm welcoming and long lasting relationship with all visitors to our store.
• Ensure the retail store is always looking immaculate and of high visual appeal.
• Record and stock adjust all retail sales.
• Input of wholesale orders and stock management of wholesale orders.
• Despatch of wholesale orders.
Sample Room Management
• Manage the daily operations of the Sample Room
• Schedule and Manage quarterly meetings: January 1st, April 1st, July 1st, October 1st
To include all the team to brief what is needed to be achieved in each 90 day period and to analysis how we are working each 90 day period and what can be done to improve efficiencies or address any issues. Encourage all to actively participate.
• Manage on a daily basis; design, patternmaker and machinist/QC to ensure all quarterly tasks are achieved.
• Stock needs to be managed on a daily basis to be constantly up to date.
• Topping up stock sold in the retail store.
• Both sampling and production stock needs to be managed so that all styles can be found easily as required and kept clean and protected from damage.
• Print STOCK REPORT AND FILE on the last day of each month for accounting purposes.
• Manage annual stocktake prior to June 30th each year.
• At the end of each sampling season – the samples need to be managed and stored/sold correctly.
Digital Marketing Management
• Ensure on a daily basis the companies two Instagram accounts reflect what is in the retail store and are used to drive sales both online and instore.
• Ensure the companies Facebook Page, Google My Business, Pinterest, Flaunter and Twitter presences are constantly up to date.
• Manage sending fortnightly newsletters as the key driver of sales both online and instore.
SAMPLE MACHINIST & QUALITY CONTROL ROLE
PART TIME POSITION (3 DAYS A WEEK), FASHION STORE AND DESIGN STUDIO, HABERFIELD NSW
If interested in either of these positions, please send your Cover Letter and CV to Brigid at email@example.com